Great Lakes Marketing is an independent, ISO 17025 accredited child-resistant testing facility. We have been testing safety packaging and lighters for over 35 years to make sure that packaging is safe for household use. We test packaging with hundreds of children and adults each week. GLM has been contracted by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and audited by the Canadian Standards Association. We are a leader in the field of child-resistant packaging and are proudly working to ensure the safety of small children.
What We Do
Great Lakes Marketing is ISO 17025 accredited to perform child-resistant testing of packages, lighters, pesticides, bait stations, and portable fuel containers, according to the following standards:
- 16 CFR 1700 – Standard for Packaging used by CPSC
- ISO 8317 – International Standard for Reclosable Packaging
- EN 14375 – International Standard for Non-reclosable Pharmaceutical Packaging
- CAN/CSA Z76.1 – Canadian Standard for Reclosable Packaging
- 16 CFR 1210 – Standard for Cigarette Lighters used by CPSC
- 16 CFR 1212 – Standard for Multipurpose Lighters used by CPSC
- EN 13869 – International Standard for Lighters
Pesticides & Bait Stations
- 40 CFR 157.32(a) – EPA Standard for Pesticides
- EPA Protocol 1.228 – EPA Standard for Bait Stations with Adults
- EPA Protocol 1.229 – EPA Standard for Bait Stations with Children
- ASTM F2517 – Portable Fuel Containers
GLM has been an industry leader when it comes to child-resistant testing for new products such as e-cigarettes, liquid nicotine, retail marijuana, and laundry packets. We are working closely with the EPA and CPSC regarding potential regulations. If you are a manufacturer, importer, or retailer for any of these products, please direct any questions to Lori Mitchell Dixon, PhD.
In addition to child-resistant testing, Great Lakes Marketing offers a full range of related marketing research services:
Human factors research
Label comprehension studies
Product and package preference research
Consumer opinions and attitudes research
For more information, call us at 419.534.4700.